Wiawaka is located on one of the most beautiful properties on Lake George and conveniently close to Lake George Village. Founded in 1903 as a retreat for women, Wiawaka today still offers a peaceful getaway. A stay at Wiawaka is a respite from the hectic pace of life. Plan to come for a workshop, the day, an overnight or more!
- Fresh, meals prepared by our in-house chef and served in our elegant Fuller Dining Room
- Immaculate grounds with gardens, a labyrinth, 1500 feet of shoreline, a fairy trail and hiking
- A large dock & boat house with a swimming area, paddle boats and breathtaking views. Bring your own canoe or kayak
- Historic guest houses throughout the property for comfortable overnight visits. Linens and towels are provided.
- Art workshops, fitness classes, retreats, musical performances and historical lectures
- A sense of friendship and cooperation among guests and staff
- Historical significance of our property, the oldest continually run retreat center in America
- Located about a mile from the Lake George Village where you can enjoy shopping, restaurants and other attractions.
- Scholarships are available, we want everyone to enjoy Wiawaka
While our mission is to serve women,
we do welcome men during the month of July and in the "off season"
August is reserved exclusively for women.